- 8 tablespoons Organic Butter
- 1 cup soaked pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Stevia in the raw
- 1/2 maple syrup
- 1 egg,lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free self-raising flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
(1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the base and sides of a small loaf pan
(2.) Place butter, dates, ginger, 1 cup water and1/4 teaspoon sea salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes
(3.)Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to cool slightly.
(4.)Add egg to date mixture and mix well. Sift gluten free flour over mixture and stir gently to combine. Spoon into pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut and serve.